|My little space in the corner of Sheridan's stop motion studio.|
|My Ultracal molds failed-|
I made some mistakes with this, so I
lost the mold & the master sculpt!
|I was familiar with using resin, so|
I decided to make a quick switch and
do my molds this way. Was a lot faster
& it turned out pretty good
|First cast of hands & feet in silicone|
|Completed homemade ball & socket armature-|
This was my dad & my first attempt at this.
We ended up having a family friend machine the
plates in steel to get a more secure joint.
Charlie's head was also another long process. I knew that I wanted to have the head hollow (to keep it light)- this turned out to be a lot more complicated than anticipated. In my last post I showed the numerous heads I had dismissed for flaws. Below is a the first cast I did (lots of bubbles) beside the master sculpt, the the first bit of blushing & paint on the face, final details & whole head attached, finally the completed head with wig & digital features!
|Charlie's bed assembled-|
I'm really proud of the quilt I
made, the pillow cases/little
pillows & knitted throw!
|Charlie's sketchbook & pencil, the plant,|
fire wood & the bookcase
|Drafting Charlie's pajama patterns. After|
several tests in broadcloth, this was the
|Charlie's pajamas finished. There's a quarter|
beside for reference (looks like a penny
because of lighting- whoops).
|The set progressing along|
|Charlie's almost finished- needs his hair done,|
body padded & hands painted.