Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Introduction & Premise

Welcome to the blog focusing on my final year thesis film.
I am currently in my fourth and final year in the BAA Animation programme at Sheridan College.
When I graduate, I am hoping to find work in puppet fabrication for stop motion films.

As has always been the standard, in our final year we produce a thesis short film in medium of our choice. I have chosen to do my film as a stop motion hybrid. I am calling it this because it combines a stop motion environment and character with other elements and characters that will be animated after the fact traditionally using Flash. About 75% stop motion, 25% traditional.

Over the summer I was lucky enough to have an internship at Cuppa Coffee Studios- now I am going to put what I've taught myself and what I learned there to some practical use.

My film is tentatively titled "Chroma", Greek for colour. For this film I have decided to go as professional as possible, especially with puppet fabrication. Beginning with my own custom fabricated ball and socket armature (a big thank you to my dad for this), casting hands and feet in silicone, making a head that is cast in plastic, et cetera.

This blog will document the process of the film as it's in production. It's definitely going to be a learning experience, but I'm sure I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment